Imbolc, Brighid, St Brigit's Day, Groundhog's Day - whatever story you want to tell, February 2nd marks the day of mid-winter. It is a day to remind ourselves that spring is around the corner.
Although we really don't need much reminding this year, do we?
Okay. Now I am going somewhere with this post, but I have to stop mid-stream.
I am uninspired. That just has to be expected some of the time, but we write through it, even if it is not our "best" work. What is it - 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration?
I had all of these plans to write an inspired blog post linking Brighid and the groundhog, but I only have fifteen minutes to write, I have a little headache from driving into the city for a meeting and tomorrow will be too late. (Groundhog's Day will have come and gone . . .)
My kids are about to come home from school and then I go off to run a Writopia workshop AND I'm thinking about other things that really do inspire and sustain me:
1) 65% of my Writopia students who submitted were recognized in the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards with either gold or silver keys. (The other 35% should have been recognized too, by my reckoning, but I have no control over these things.)
2) My next book pic for our In beTWEEN book club will be Vanished by Sheela Chari, and I have just heard from the author that she will come to our book group in March! So thrilled.
3) My last blog post (Sex and Drugs and Rock n' Roll) will be published in an Anthology by Roaring Brook Press.
4) We are going to open two more Writopia sites in Stamford and Tarrytown
5) Oh goodness, the list goes on, but the bus is almost here!
How are YOU????? What inspires you????? I want to know!